Engine block heater 9-3 B207
2. 2 12 788 900 Saab 9-3 B207 M03- 1 Heating element 2 Extension cable 3 Connector plug and connector cable 4 Bolt M6x16 5 Holder 6 Screw (x2) 7 Locking clip 8 Cable tie (x5) 9Screw 10 Star washer F920A003 8 4 7 1 5 6 9 10 3 2
5. 12 788 900 5 Saab 9-3 B207 M03- 19 Run the connecting cable to the left of the radiator and secure the cable to the upper left radiator mounting with a cable tie. 20 Run the connecting cable over the radiator vent hose, down along the bottom of the battery tray and back towards the engine block heater. Secure the connecting cable with cable ties. 21 Apply non-acidic Vaseline, part no. 30 15 286, or equivalent on the connecting cable O-ring and connect the cable to the engine block heater. 22 Fit the lock clip over the connection. A click should be heard when the lock clip is fitted correctly. WARNING It is essential to lubricate the connecting cable O-ring before it is connected and that all connec- tions are pressed in properly. A bad contact can cause overheating and fire. F920A006 20 22,21 20 20 20
3. 12 788 900 3 Saab 9-3 B207 M03- 1 Raise the car. 2 Remove the spoiler shield, unplug the bumper connector and remove it from the holder on the spoiler shield. Cars with headlamp washers: Unhook the hose from the spoiler shield. 3 Place a receptacle under the engine, open the drain plug on the bottom of the coolant pump and drain the coolant. 4 Lower the car. 5 Remove the expansion tank cap. 6 Unhook the expansion tank and move it to one side. 7 Disconnect the coolant hose between the ther- mostat housing and the expansion tank from the connection on the thermostat housing cover and the coolant hose connected immediately below it. 8 Remove the cover below the connections for the coolant hoses that were removed earlier. 9 Lubricate the engine block heater O-ring with non-acidic Vaseline, insert the heater into the thermostat housing and fit it together with the bolt in the kit. Tightening torque 10 Nm (7.5 lbf ft) 10 Raise the car. 11 Fit the drain plug in the bottom of the coolant pump. Important The O-ring may stick in the thermostat housing, make sure it is removed. The bolt must be discarded as it must not be refitted together with the engine block heater. F920A004 2 8 7 5 6 3
4. 4 12 788 900 Saab 9-3 B207 M03- 12 Lower the car to a suitable working height and run the connecting cable through the bottom grille, between the pipes and between the radi- ator assembly and its left-hand bracket. 13 Mark out where the connecting plug holder is to be located, the arrow on the holder must be pointing forward, by placing the holder under- neath the bumper with its front edge in line with the line in the bumper shell and in the centre of the opening. Make a hole with an awl. 14 Place the connector plug in the holder. The cover should open upward. Mount the holder on the bumper. 15 M03-04: Using a 3.5 mm bit, drill a hole in the structural member for the ground cable. M05-: Detach the connector located on the structural member. Using a 3.5 mm bit, drill a hole in the structural member for the ground cable. 16 Scrape away the paint to make a good ground connection and secure the ground cable using the screw and lock washer (the lock washer should be placed between the ground cable terminal and the body). Apply thin anti-corrosion protection, part no. 30 15 971. 17 Run the connecting cable between the radiator and the charge air hose and then straight up the side of the structural member. M05-: Attach the connector located on the struc- tural member. 18 Lower the car. Important Drill the hole immediately next to the square hole. F920A005 14 13 13 15,16
6. 6 12 788 900 Saab 9-3 B207 M03- 23 Connect the coolant hoses. 24 Fit the expansion tank. 25 Fill with coolant and fit the cap on the expansion tank. Check the system for leaks. 26 Bleed the cooling system in the following way: Fill the coolant system to the MAX level. Close the expansion tank cap. Start the engine and run at varying engine speeds until the radiator fan cuts in. Carefully open the expansion tank cap and top up to the MAX level. Close the cap. Switch off the engine and if necessary top the coolant up to the MAX level. 27 Raise the car. 28 Place any excess connecting cable between the charge air hose and the plastic shield. Secure with a cable tie. 29 Lift up the spoiler shield, fit the bumper connec- tor into the holder and plug in the connector. Cars with headlamp washers: Hook the hose onto the spoiler shield. All: Fit the spoiler shield. 30 Lower the car. 31 Cars with headlamp washers: Check the operation of the headlamp washers. Note The A/C or ACC should be turned OFF. F920A007 24 23 29 28
1. Saab 9-3 B207 M03- 900 Installation instructions SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTRUCTIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 9-3 B207 M03- Engine block heater Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 32 032 697 9:87- 3 4 Jan 0 6 12 7 88 900 12 7 88 900 Mar 0 4 F920A040
7. 12 788 900 7 Saab 9-3 B207 M03- User instructions The extension cable must be made of oil-resistant rubber and approved for outdoor use with a cross- sectional area of at least 3x1.5 mm 2 . The heater system may only be connected to a grounded socket. Handle all cables with care. Pay particular atten- tion to the risk of pinching between the bonnet and the body of the car and the risk of cuts on sharp metal components. Inspect regularly the extension cable for damage or ageing. Damaged cables must be renewed immediately. WARNING Check the ground connection between the con- necting cable ground pin, the heater casing and the car body regularly to prevent electric shocks. Note The function of the heater will be at risk if: there are impurities in the coolant the coolant level is too low or if there is air in the system there is ice slush in the system radiator sealant is used
- 884 Totale weergaven
- 713 Websiteweergaven
- 171 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 27 www.saabpartners.com
- 11 saabpartners.com
- 2 188.8.131.52
- 4 184.108.40.206
Spatplaat, voor1902 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L1725 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 11683 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-31678 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-51661 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 11653 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 61626 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon1616 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-51605 Weergaven.
Ice scraper 9-31508 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-1500 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D1471 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 9-5 4D 11459 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-51438 Weergaven.
Seatbelt extender 900, 9000, 9-3, 9-51426 Weergaven.
Aanvullingskit standverwarming1422 Weergaven.