Engine block heater 9-3 Z18XE
2. 2 12 804 935 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M04- 1 Heating element 2 Extension cable 3 Connector plug and connector cable 4 Holder 5 Screw (x2) 6 Locking clip 7 Cable tie (x5) 8Screw 9Star washer 10 Heat shield 11 Clamp (not used) F920A057 2 4 3 7 5 9 1 6 8 10 11
3. 12 804 935 3 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M04- 1 Raise the car and remove the spoiler shield. 2 Unplug the bumper connector and remove it from the holder on the spoiler shield. Cars with headlamp washers: Unhook the hose from the spoiler shield. 3 Place a receptacle under the engine, fit a hose to the radiator drain nipple, open the radiator drain plug and drain the coolant. 4 Lower the car. F920A025 3 2 1 1 1 2
1. Saab 9-3 Z18XE M04- 900 Installation instructions SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTRUCTIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 9-3 Z18XE M04- Engine block heater Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 12 804 696 9:87-44 Mar 04 12 804 935 12 804 935 Aug 03 F920A056
6. 6 12 804 935 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M04- 21 Guide the input cable up to the left of the radiator, secure the cable to the radiator's upper left-hand bracket using a cable tie. 22 Guide the input cable through the opening in the battery shelf and on towards the heater. 23 Guide the heat shield onto the cable. 24 Apply non-acidic Vaseline, part no. 30 15 286, or equivalent on the connecting cable O-ring and connect the cable to the engine block heater. 25 Fit the lock clip over the connection. A click should be heard when the lock clip is fitted correctly. 26 Secure the heat protection on top of the electrical connection and pinch the ends of the heat protection. 27 Fit the exhaust manifold's heat shield. 28 Fit the oxygen sensor's wiring harness into the clips and connect the connector. Fit the connec- tor to the bracket. 29 Secure the connecting cable with cable ties. Bend the cable in an even curve so that it can take up any engine movement. 30 Fill with coolant, fit the cover on the expansion tank and check system integrity. Fit the engine cover and battery cover. WARNING It is essential to lubricate the connecting cable O-ring before it is connected and that all connec- tions are pressed in properly. A bad contact can cause overheating and fire. WARNING Make sure that the cable does not rest on sharp edges or hot surfaces. Damage from chafing and melting can cause a short circuit. F920A060 F920A060 25 24 22 21 23,26 30 28 28 27
4. 4 12 804 935 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M04- 5 Remove the expansion tank cap. 6 Remove the engine cover and battery cover. 7 Unplug the oxygen sensor's connector and unhook the oxygen sensor's wiring harness from the clips. 8 Remove the exhaust manifold's heat shield. 9 Remove the frost plug using tool 260 147 020. Use a long 17 mm socket for example. Clean the sealing surface on the engine block. 10 Apply non-acidic Vaseline, part no. 30 06 665, or equivalent to the engine block heater O-ring. 11 Adjust the T-shaped support on the engine block heater, so that it is located between both heating coils, fit the heater in the cylinder block with the electrical connection located between the exhaust manifold and the oil dipstick. Tightening torque 3,5 Nm (2.5 lbf ft) 12 Raise the car. 13 Close the radiator drain plug and remove the hose. WARNING Exercise caution if the engine is hot. Coolant is hot and there is also the risk of burns from the exhaust manifold. Important There must be approx. 10 mm between the engine block heater and the oil dipstick. F920A058 6 8 7 7 7 9 8 8 5 11
5. 12 804 935 5 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M04- 14 Lower the car to a suitable working height and run the connecting cable through the bottom grille, between the pipes and between the radi- ator assembly and its left-hand bracket. 15 Mark out where the connecting plug holder is to be located, the arrow on the holder must be pointing forward, by placing the holder under- neath the bumper with its front edge in line with the line in the bumper shell and in the centre of the opening. Make a hole with an awl. 16 Place the connector plug in the holder. The cover should open upward. Mount the holder on the bumper. 17 M03-04: Using a 3.5 mm bit, drill a hole in the structural member for the ground cable. M05-: Detach the connector located on the structural member. Using a 3.5 mm bit, drill a hole in the structural member for the ground cable. 18 Scrape away the paint to make a good ground connection and secure the ground cable using the screw and lock washer (the lock washer should be placed between the ground cable terminal and the body). Apply thin anti-corrosion protection, part no. 30 15 971. 19 Run the connecting cable between the radiator and the charge air hose and then straight up the side of the structural member. M05-: Attach the connector located on the struc- tural member. 20 Lower the car. Important Drill the hole immediately next to the square hole. F920A059 16 15 15 17,18
7. 12 804 935 7 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M04- 31 Bleed the cooling system in the following way: Fill the cooling system to MAX. Close the cap on the expansion tank, start the engine and run it warm at varying engine speeds. Make sure there is a continuous flow of coolant from the hose leading from the thermostat hous- ing to the expansion tank. Run the engine until the thermostat opens. Carefully open the cap on the expansion tank and top up to MAX. Close the cap. Turn off the engine and top up as necessary to MAX. Turn off the engine, open the cap to the expan- sion tank carefully and top up to MAX. Close the cap. 32 Raise the car. 33 Secure the excess input cable between the lower left-hand bracket of the radiator and the plastic shield. Secure it with a cable tie. 34 Lift up the spoiler shield, fit the bumper connec- tor into the holder and plug in the connector. Cars with headlamp washers: Hook the hose onto the spoiler shield. All: Fit the spoiler shield. 35 Lower the car. 36 Cars with headlamp washers: Check the operation of the headlamp washers. Note The A/C or ACC should be turned OFF. F920A061 34 34 34 33
8. 8 12 804 935 Saab 9-3 Z18XE M04- User instructions The extension cable must be made of oil-resistant rubber and approved for outdoor use with a cross- sectional area of at least 3x1.5 mm 2 . The heater system may only be connected to a grounded socket. Handle all cables with care. Pay particular atten- tion to the risk of pinching between the bonnet and the body of the car and the risk of cuts on sharp metal components. Inspect regularly the extension cable for damage or ageing. Damaged cables must be renewed immediately. WARNING Check the ground connection between the con- necting cable ground pin, the heater casing and the car body regularly to prevent electric shocks. Note The function of the heater will be at risk if: there are impurities in the coolant the coolant level is too low or if there is air in the system there is ice slush in the system radiator sealant is used
- 803 Totale weergaven
- 672 Websiteweergaven
- 131 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 3 saabpartners.com
- 17 www.saabpartners.com
- 2 22.214.171.124
- 5 126.96.36.199
Spatplaat, voor1880 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L1715 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-31669 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 11667 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-51634 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 11632 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 61612 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon1606 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-51582 Weergaven.
Ice scraper 9-31493 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-1474 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D1457 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 9-5 4D 11438 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-51418 Weergaven.
Aanvullingskit standverwarming1407 Weergaven.
Seatbelt extender 900, 9000, 9-3, 9-51407 Weergaven.