Parking heater 9-5 B205 , B235 2
2. 2 51 92 661 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 1 Extension cable 2 Socket and connecting cable 3 Expanding sleeve 4 Self-adhesive template 5Screw 6 Star washer 7 Heater element 8 Lock clip 9 Cable tie (5 pcs.) 10 Reinforcing plate 11 Clips E930A118 5 6 3 8 10 9 4 2 7 1 11
5. 51 92 661 5 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 9 Insert the connecting cable between the radiator and the subframe. Lay the cable connector on top of the gearbox. 10 Fit the air shield and lower the car. E930A069 9
9. 51 92 661 9 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 A Branch wiring kit BTimer kit E930A073 B A
6. 6 51 92 661 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 11 Remove the engine cover and disconnect any hoses and electrical connections from the turbo pressure pipe. Dismantle the turbo pressure pipe between the charge air cooler and the throttle body, including the by-pass pipe, as well as the heat shield above the exhaust manifold. Plug the holes. 11 11 11 E930A070
3. 51 92 661 3 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 1 Read the installation instructions completely and make sure all the parts are present in the kit. 2 Cover the wings with protective covers and remove the cap on the cooling system expansi- on tank. 3 Raise the car. Use a receptacle to collect the coolant. Remove the air shield behind the bum- per, connect a hose, open the drain plug and drain the coolant. WARNING Be careful if the engine is warm, as the coolant may be hot. There is also a risk for burns on the exhaust manifold. E930A067 2 3
4. 4 51 92 661 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 4 Lower the car to a suitable working height for fit- ting the socket on the bumper shell. 5 Mark where to cut out for the socket using the self-adhesive template. Place a ruler or a piece of tape above the openings in the bumper and measure out where the template is to be posi- tioned, see illustration. 6 Carefully make a hole with a 30 mm hole saw. Centre-drill first with a bit the same size as the centre pin on the hole saw. Remove burrs from around the hole and make a keyway with a 4 mm round file. Remove the template. 7 Insert the socket expander sleeve from the front and the reinforcing plate on the back of the bumper. Fit the heater socket. Use the exten- sion cable to pull the socket tight. Turn clock- wise until the socket is secure. 8 Raise the car and tighten the drain plug. 40mm 5 7 E930A119
7. 51 92 661 7 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 12 If necessary, undo the cable to the lower oxygen sensor and remove the core plug with tool 260 147 020. Use a long 17 mm socket for example. 13 Apply acid-free vaseline, part no. 30 06 665 or equivalent, to the O-ring on the heater element. 14 Insert the heater element so that the electrical connection is directed to the left-hand side of the car and is positioned between the coolant pipes. Do not tighten the nut securing the heater ele- ment. 15 Adjust the position of the heater element so that it goes free and does not touch the coolant pipe. Tighten the nut. Tightening torque: 3.5 Nm (2.5 lbf ft) Connect and secure the cable to the lower oxy- gen sensor. 16 Apply acid-free petroleum jelly, part no. 30 15 286 or equivalent, to the O-ring on the connect- ing cable and connect the cable to the heater element. 17 Fit the lock clip over the connection. A click should be heard when the lock clip is fitted cor- rectly. E930A071 12 17 14
1. Saab 9-5 B205, B235 9-5 Monteringsanvisning SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTALLATIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 9-5 B205, B235 Parking heater Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 400 126 652 9:87-19 Oct 99 51 92 661 51 92 661 Sep 99 E930A117
8. 8 51 92 661 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 18 Secure the connector cable as illustrated. Aut: Secure the connector cable to the lower cable by the battery tray with the clips included in the kit. Manual: Secure the connecting cable to the LH structural member with a cable tie. 19 Drill a 3.5 mm hole in the left-hand structural member for the ground lead. 20 Scrape off paint to ensure a good ground con- nection and screw on the ground lead with a screw and star washer (place the star washer between the ground lead lug and the body). Apply thin anti-corrosion agent, part no. 30 15 971. 21 Check the ground connection between the ground pin in the socket, the heater element housing and the car body. 22 Fit the heat shield and replace the turbo pres- sure pipe including the by-pass pipe. Connect the vacuum hose to the by-pass pipe and the hoses and connectors to the turbo pressure pipe. Refit the engine cover. 23 Fill with coolant and check the integrity of the system. 24 Bleed the system as follows: Fill the system to MAX level. Close the cap on the expansion tank, start the engine and run it warm at varying engine speeds until the radiator fan starts. Carefully open the cap on the expan- sion tank and top up to MAX level. Close the cap. Turn off the engine and top up as necessa- ry to MAX level. 25 Check the integrity of the system and the func- tion of the heater. 26 Place the installation instructions in the car and inform the customer of the user instructions. WARNING Make sure the cable is not lying against sharp edges or hot surfaces. Note the turbocharger where appropriate. Damage caused by chafing and melting can cause short circuits. E930A616 18 19 Note AC/ACC must be OFF.
10. 10 51 92 661 Saab 9-5 B205, B235 User instructions • The extension lead must be a rubber cable, resistant to oil and approved for outdoor use with an area of at least 3x1.5 mm 2 . • The parking heater must be connected to a grounded outlet only. • Treat all cables with caution. Watch out for damage caused by jamming the cable between the hood (bonnet) and the car body, and for cuts caused by sharp metal objects. • Inspect the extension lead regularly for damage and ageing. A damaged lead must be replaced immediately. WARNING Check the ground connection between the ground pin in the socket, the heater element housing and the car body regularly. Note The function of the heater can be at risk if: • the coolant is polluted • the coolant level is too low or if there is air in the system • ice sludge is present in the system • radiator cement is used
- 636 Totale weergaven
- 522 Websiteweergaven
- 114 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 6 saabpartners.com
- 18 www.saabpartners.com
- 3 184.108.40.206
- 4 220.127.116.11
Spatplaat, voor1713 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L1603 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-31560 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 11527 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 11508 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 61503 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-51480 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon1432 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-51425 Weergaven.
Ice scraper 9-31369 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-1361 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 9-5 4D 11298 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-51294 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D1280 Weergaven.
Aanvullingskit standverwarming1253 Weergaven.