Parking heater 9-5 D223
8. 8 54 62 411 Saab 9-5 D223 22 Check the ground connection between the ground pin on the connector plug, the heater casing and the car body. 23 Fill up with coolant and check the system for leaks. 24 Bleed the cooling system in the following way: Fill the cooling system to MAX and close the cap on the expansion tank. Connect an exhaust extraction hose. Start the engine and runt it a short while at vary- ing engine speeds. Check that there is a continuous flow of coolant through the bleeder hose running from the ther- mostat housing in the cylinder head to the expansion tank. Switch off the engine, carefully open the expan- sion tank and top up to the MAX marking. Close the cap. Run the engine at varying engine speeds until the thermostat has opened and the radiator fan started. Switch off the engine and top up the coolant as necessary to the MAX mark. 25 Check that the cooling system does not leak and that the heater works. 26 Adjust the clock and the date and, if the car has a non-Saab radio, enter the radio code. 27 Place the installation instructions in the car and draw the customer's attention to the user instructions. Note The A/C or ACC should be turned OFF.
4. 4 54 62 411 Saab 9-5 D223 4 Lower the car to a suitable working height for fit- ting the connector plug to the bumper shell. 5 Mark the location for the connector plug holder. The arrow should point forward. Make holes with an awl. 6 Place the connector plug in the holder. The cover should open upward. Mount the holder on the bumper. 7 Raise the car and close the drain plug. E930A261 5 5 6
5. 54 62 411 5 Saab 9-5 D223 8 Insert the connecting cable between the radiator and the subframe. Lay the cable connector on top of the gearbox. 9 Use a 3.5 mm bit to drill a hole in the underside of the left-hand structure leg for the ground lead. 10 Scrape clean from paint for satisfactory ground- ing and secure the ground lead with a bolt and star washer (the star washer should be placed between the ground lead cable terminal and the body). Apply thin-bodied corrosion protection, part no. 30 15 971. Fix the ground lead along the connecting cable. 11 Fit the air shield and sound insulation. Lower the car. E930A262 8 9
9. 54 62 411 9 Saab 9-5 D223 A Branching kit D930A036 A
2. 2 54 62 411 Saab 9-5 D223 1 Extension cable 2 Connector plug and connector cable 3 Holder 4 Bolt (x2) 5Bolt 6 Star washer 7 Heating element 8 Locking clip 9 Cable tie (5) 10 Clip E930A274 3 4 1 2 8 6 5 7 9 10
6. 6 54 62 411 Saab 9-5 D223 12 Remove the battery and battery shelf. 13 Route the connector cable around where the battery is located and towards the end of the cyl- inder head. E930A276 12 12 13
3. 54 62 411 3 Saab 9-5 D223 1 Read fully through the installation instructions and check that all the parts are present in the kit. 2 Lay covers on the wings and remove the cap on the cooling system expansion tank. 3 Raise the car. Get a suitable receptacle to col- lect the coolant. Remove the air shield behind the bumper and the sound insulation from under the engine. Connect a hose to the drain plug, open the drain plug and drain the coolant. WARNING Take care if the engine is hot. The coolant will also be hot. You could get burnt if you brush against the exhaust manifold. E930A275 2 3
1. Saab 9-5 D223 9-5 Installation instructions SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTRUCTIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 9-5 D223 Parking heater Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 400 132 049 9:87-33 Jan 02 54 62 411 E930A273
7. 54 62 411 7 Saab 9-5 D223 14 Remove the coolant hose from the coolant cou- pling on the cylinder head. Remove the coolant coupling from the cylinder. 15 Apply acid-free petroleum jelly, part no. 30 06 665, or equivalent to the heating element O-ring. 16 Adjust the T-shaped support on the heating ele- ment so that this is placed vertically and position the heating element. Make sure the connection pipe for the coolant hose is angled in the same way as the original hose connection. Do not tighten the nut securing the heating element. 17 Tighten the nut. Tightening torque 3.5 Nm (2.5 lbf ft) Connecct the coolant hose to the heating ele- ment. 18 Apply acid-free petroleum jelly, part no. 30 15 286 or equivalent, to the O-ring on the connecting cable and connect the cable to the heating element. 19 Fit the lock clip over the connection. A click should be heard when the lock clip is fitted cor- rectly. 20 Secure the connector cable with cable ties. 21 Fit the battery tray and the battery. E930A277 16 19 17 14 14 WARNING Make sure the cable does not rub against any sharp edges or hot surfaces. Damage caused by chafing and melting could cause a short circuit or even a fire.
10. 10 54 62 411 Saab 9-5 D223 User instructions · The extension lead must be a rubber cable, resistant to oil and approved for outdoor use with an area of at least 3x1.5 mm 2 . · The parking heater must be connected to a grounded outlet only. · Treat all cables with caution. Watch out for dam- age caused by jamming the cable between the hood (bonnet) and the car body, and for cuts caused by sharp metal objects. · Inspect the extension lead regularly for damage and ageing. A damaged lead must be replaced immediately. WARNING Check the ground connection between the ground pin in the socket, the heater element housing and the car body regularly. Note The function of the heater can be at risk if: · the coolant is polluted · the coolant level is too low or if there is air in the system · ice sludge is present in the system · radiator cement is used
- 1305 Totale weergaven
- 1142 Websiteweergaven
- 163 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 1 saab.aardug.com
- 4 22.214.171.124
- 19 www.saabpartners.com
- 9 saabpartners.com
- 5 126.96.36.199
Upgrade to Prestige 300 sound system 9-3 CV3502 Weergaven.
Spatplaat, voor3274 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon3107 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 13090 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Premium 150 sound system 9-3 CV 13078 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-52892 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-52882 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-52756 Weergaven.
Seatbelt extender 900, 9000, 9-3, 9-52746 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-2739 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D2696 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L2685 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-32591 Weergaven.