Towbar-mounted bike carrier 9-3 + 9-5
5. 12 792 688 5 Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5 Fitting the numberplate Press down the four catches in the plate holder and open the frame. Fit the numberplate and close the frame. F980A125
2. 2 12 792 688 Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5 1 Bike carrier 2Frame 3 Bolt (x2) 4 Washer (x4) 5 Holder, long 6 Holder, short 7Bolt 8 Handwheel 9Lock (x2) 10 Key (x2) 11 Socket wrench M5 12 Socket wrench M6 13 Nut M6 (x2) 14 Hex key wrench F980A122 1 2 6 5 8 9 3 4 11 10 14 13 12 7
7. 12 792 688 7 Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5 Adjusting bearing pressure of tensioning arm 1 Raise the arm completely and turn the knob anticlockwise until the spring is no longer loaded. 2 Loosen the bolt and turn the counterstay clock- wise if the arm can be lowered without resistance or anticlockwise if the arm cannot be lowered. Tighten the bolt. 3 Lower the arm to the lowest position of the catch. It should be somewhat hard to move (resistance should be 35-40 kg). If the arm can be lowered without resistance or cannot be moved at all, the counterstay must be adjusted more following step 2. Tighten the tilt knob. 1 F980A133 1 3 2
4. 4 12 792 688 Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5 Assembly 1 Fit the lock cylinder in the lock knob. 2 Raise the catch and position it against the arm. Insert the bolt and fit the knob. 3 Fit the holders onto the frame and fit the frame into the anchors on the bike carrier. Important The lock washer in the lock knob must be turned so that the profile of the washer follows the edge of the hole. Turn the lock washer as necessary. F980A123 1 2 3 3
1. Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5 900 Installation instructions SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTRUCTIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5 Towbar-mounted bike carrier Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 12 788 485 400 131 181 9:89-12 Mar 03 12 792 688 (55 20 762) 12 792 688 Nov 02 F980A121
8. 8 12 792 688 Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5 Placement of bikes on the bike carrier The bike carrier can be angled down to facilitate loading. Loosen the lock knob and release the catch so that the arm can be moved to the first notch of the catch. Then turn the tilt knob anticlockwise until the bike carrier has a suitable angle. 1 Place the first bike with the front wheel to the right and adapt the wheel holders to the position of the bike. Secure the holder as high up on the bike frame as possible and tighten the knob. 2 Place the second bike with front wheel to the left and adapt the wheel holders to the position of the bike. Secure the holder as high up on the bike frame as possible and tighten the knob. 3 Secure the wheels. If the bike carrier was angled down for loading, angle it up again before driving off. Lift the bike car- rier to its horizontal position, tighten the tilt knob and lower the arm to the lowest position of the catch. Tighten and lock the lock knob. Remove the key. Check that the bike carrier is properly secured. The tilt knob can be tightened as necessary. Important Always place the heaviest bike farthest in when transporting several bikes. When transporting one bike, place it farthest in. F980A134 Important Never leave the key in the lock as it could be damaged. WARNING Check that the bike carrier is securely fastened. Important 9-3 CV M04-: In certain cases, the soft top cover can collide with the bicycle placed closest to the car when the soft top is operated. Therefore, Saab Automobile recommends loading the bicycles before operating the soft top.
6. 6 12 792 688 Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5 Fitting the towbar 1 Turn the tilt knob anticlockwise until the spring is no longer loaded. 2 Raise the arm completely, lift up the bike carrier and place it on the towbar. 3 Lower the arm to the first notch of the catch, lift the bike carrier to its horizontal position and tighten the tilt knob. 4 Lower the arm to the lowest position of the catch. It should be somewhat hard to move (resistance should be 35-40 kg). If the arm can be lowered without resistance or cannot be moved at all, the counterstay must be adjusted; see “Adjusting bearing pressure of tensioning arm”. 5 Tighten and lock the knob. Remove the key. 6 Check that the bike carrier is properly secured. The tilt knob can be tightened as necessary. 7 Plug in the connector. Removing from the towbar · Detach the electrical connection from the car socket. · Unlock and loosen the lock knob so that the catch can be released and the arm can be moved to the first notch of the catch. Turn the tilt knob anticlockwise until the spring is no longer loaded. · Lower the bike carrier and raise the arm completely. · Lift off the bike carrier. Important Never leave the key in the lock as it could be damaged. WARNING Check that the bike carrier is securely fastened. 1 5 7 F980A124 2 3 3 4
3. 12 792 688 3 Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5 Important · The bike carrier weighs 16 kg. Maximum permissible load is 45 kg. · The bike carrier is designed for safe transport assuming it is correctly mounted and fitted in the right direction. The product may not be modi- fied in any way . · Always check that the load is securely fastened. · Always check that the lights function before driving off. · Be especially aware of the length of the vehicle when using a bike carrier. Width and height may also be affected by the size and shape of the bikes. · Do not transport tandem bikes. · The bike carrier must be cleaned and cared for, especially during the winter when dirt and salt must be removed. Bolts, nuts and locks must be lubricated regularly. · For safety reasons and to save energy, the bike carrier should be removed when not in use. · Do not take the car through a car wash - remove the bike carrier first. · These installation instructions must be carried in the car. WARNING Read the entire installation instructions carefully before using the bike carrier. Fit the bike carrier in accordance with these directions only, which must accompany the car. Bear in mind that the weight and location of the bike carrier could change the car's centre of gravity and aerodynamics. Adjust your speed accordingly. Parts that could come off, such as a child seat and travel bags, should be removed from the bike before placing it on the bike carrier.
- 1136 Totale weergaven
- 966 Websiteweergaven
- 170 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 20 www.saabpartners.com
- 1 saab.aardug.com
- 4 saabpartners.com
- 3 188.8.131.52
- 4 184.108.40.206
Spatplaat, voor2681 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 12421 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon2418 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Prestige 300 sound system 9-3 CV2353 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-52335 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Premium 150 sound system 9-3 CV 12317 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-52242 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L2240 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-52207 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-2202 Weergaven.
Seatbelt extender 900, 9000, 9-3, 9-52169 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-32157 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D2143 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 12108 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 62074 Weergaven.