Towbar, removable 9-5 5
2. 2 55 24 269 Saab 9-5 1 Towing bracket 2 Reinforcement (x2) 4D (only in kit 32 025 641, 32 025 642, 400 133 617, 400 133 658, 32 025 950, 32 025 954) 3 Reinforcement (x2) 5D (only in kit 32 025 769, 400 133 641, 32 025 951, 32 025 955) 4 Protective cover 5 Storage bag 6 Rubber plug 7Seal (x2) 8 Bolt, taptite (x4) 9 Bolt M10X30 (x7) 10 Bolt M10X70 (x2) 11 Nut M10 (x4) 12 Sleeve (x2) 4D (only in kit 32 025 641, 32 025 642, 400 133 617, 400 133 658) 13 Nut plate (x2) 14 Washer (x2) 15 Press nuts (x2) 16 Key (x2) 17 Ball guard 18 Protective collar 19 Strap 20 Zinc plate (only in kits 32 025 950, 32 025 951, 32 025 954 and 32 025 955) 21 Zinc washer (x3) (only in kits 32 025 950, 32 025 951, 32 025 954 and 32 025 955) 019_001 E980A638
1. Saab 9-5 9-5 Installation instructions SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTRUCTIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 9-5 (EC 94/20, E4 00 2339) (EC 94/20, E4 00 2446) Towbar, removable Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 400 133 617 400 133 641 400 133 658 32 025 641 32 025 642 32 025 769 32 025 950 32 025 951 32 025 954 32 025 955 8:60-49 Jun 07 55 24 269 Sep 05 E980A637
9. 55 24 269 9 Saab 9-5 26 Fit the seals on the body (self-adhesive) and apply cavity seal Terotex HV 400 on internal sur- faces. Fit the sleeves. -M01 : Apply corrosion protection to the surfaces from which body sealant was scraped away. 27 Fit the selected wiring harness following the instructions in the wiring harness kit. 28 Fit the upper foam block on the bumper. 29 Remove the screw fitted in one of the bumper rail holes. The towing bracket is attached to the bumper rail by means of three screws. Insert these screws in the bumper rail holes and tighten. Fit the towing bracket to the bumper with the zinc plate as a buffer. Use the screws together with the zinc washers. Check that the line above the towing bracket's upper screw is parallel to the bumper rail. Tightening torque 40 Nm (30 lbf ft). X Eye for attachment of trailer/caravan safety chain. 29 29 X E980A639 29 29 26
6. 6 55 24 269 Saab 9-5 10 5D -M01 : Using a universal knife with hook shaped blade, cut out in the bumper shell for the towbar in accordance with the inner marking, and for the wiring harness and junction box in accordance with the marking (a jig saw can also be used). The remaining tab on the underside of the bumper between the towbar and box cut- outs must be removed. 11 M02 -: Using a universal knife with hook shaped blade, cut out in the bumper shell for the towbar in accordance with the marked area. Important Cut or saw as exact as possible. The appearance is very important. Adjust with a file if necessary. E980A467 10 11 -M01 M02-
7. 55 24 269 7 Saab 9-5 12 Remove the upper foam block on the bumper. Remove the spacer washers from the bumper rail and fit the reinforcements in their place. Tighten the four retaining nuts of the bumper to secure the reinforcements. 13 Use protective goggles and drill the four holes in the bumper rail with a 6.5 mm bit. Clean away the drilling debris from the bumper rail. 14 Fit the taptite bolts (self-tapping). Tightening torque 25 Nm (20 lbf ft). 15 Remove the nuts. 16 -M01 : Scrape away sealant compound from where the bumper reinforcements will lie against the body. 17 Fit the bumper and secure it to the body with the two upper nuts. 18 4D : Detach the wiring harness fitting at the bumper mountings in the luggage compartment and fit the sleeves in the holes in the luggage compartment. E980A468 18 14 14 12 12 13 (6.5mm) 12
12. 12 55 24 269 Saab 9-5 41 5D : Refit the storage compartments and the outer sections of the luggage compartment floor. 42 4D : Fit the right and left-hand side trim in the lug- gage compartment. 43 4D : Fit the luggage compartment scuff plate. 44 Check fit the ball unit and check the function. Place the installation instructions in the car. 45 Carefully tear off the page covering fitting and removal of the ball unit and hand it to the cus- tomer together with the keys and the installation instructions. E980A532 41 41 44 42 43
8. 8 55 24 269 Saab 9-5 19 Use protective goggles and a 10 mm bit to drill through the sleeves, the holes in the rear end panel and the reinforcements. 20 Remove the sleeves. 21 Remove the bumper and clean all debris from the luggage compartment. 22 Use protective goggles and enlarge the 10 mm holes in the reinforcements with a 12.4 mm drill bit. 23 Deburr the holes and remove loose splinters and flakes of paint. 24 5D : Fit the press nuts using a bolt, M10x30, in the new holes drilled into the reinforcements. Following which, remove the bolt. 25 4D : Fit the press nuts at right angles using the sleeve and M10x70 bolt. Tighten the press nuts until they are completely inserted. Remove the bolt and then fit it as illustrated. Use Omnifit 100M-Spezial thread locking adhesive. Important Be careful not to damage the car's wiring harness. 10 mm E980A528 19 24 25 5D 4D
14. 14 55 24 269 Saab 9-5 Storing the ball unit 1 Fit the ball unit in the storage bag. 2 5D: Raise the luggage compartment floor. 3 5D: Affix the ball unit to the body member with the strap. 4 5D: Lower the luggage compartment floor. WARNING Affix the ball unit carefully so that there is no risk of it being thrown around in the event of heavy breaking or an accident, as it could then cause personal injury. E980A566
5. 55 24 269 5 Saab 9-5 6 5D -M01 : Detach the rear lights by removing the two covers over the screws, undo the screws and pull away the brackets in the front edge of the lights. 7 4D -M01 : Remove the corner spacer panels under the rear lights. 8 If the car was equipped with one, remove the jack and towing eye and fit the rubber plug. 9 5D -M01 : Unscrew the bolts to the upper section of the bumper shell slightly and carefully pull the upper section of the shell from its snap fasten- ers. 5D M02- : Unscrew the bolts to the upper section of the bumper shell slightly, also detach the cor- ner sections of the bumper moulding if neces- sary, and carefully pull the upper section of the shell backwards from its snap fasteners. M02- with SPA: Remove the sensor connec- tors. 7 E980A466 6 6 8 9 9 9
11. 55 24 269 11 Saab 9-5 35 5D -M01 : Fit the upper section of the bumper shell by first aligning it to the four bolts on the bumper member. Following which, continue to press in the upper section of the shell with the hooks around the edge. Tighten the bolts. 5D M02- : Push in the upper section of the bumper shell into the recess in the bumper shell and align the tabs to the four bolts in the bumper member. Use a large screwdriver to position the tabs behind the bolt washers. Tighten the bolts. 36 M02- : Fit the corner sections of the bumper moulding. 37 5D -M01 : Fit the rear lights. 38 4D -M01 : Fit the corner spacer panels. 39 4D : Secure the wiring harness at the bumper mountings. 40 If the car was equipped with one, fit the jack in the toolbox, fit the foam blocks over the bumper mountings in the luggage compartment. E980A531 37 40 37 38 35 36
4. 4 55 24 269 Saab 9-5 1 5D : Detach the outer sections of the luggage compartment floor. 2 5D : Lift up the storage compartments and pull away the foam blocks (2 per side) in the rear edge of the body. 3 4D : Remove the luggage compartment scuff plate. 4 4D : Detach the right and left-hand side trim in the luggage compartment. Pull away the foam blocks (2 per side) in the rear edge of the body. 5 -M01 : Detach the bumper by removing the bolts at the wheel housings and the nuts from the lug- gage compartment. M02- : Detach the bumper by removing the bolts at the wheel housings and the nuts from the lug- gage compartment and by pulling the side sec- tions of the bumper outwards. Cars with SPA : Detach the connector. Important Place the bumper on a soft, clean surface. E980A465 1 1 2 5 5 -M01 M02-
10. 10 55 24 269 Saab 9-5 30 Position the bumper. Cars with SPA : Attach the connector. 31 -M01 : Fit the bumper to the car with four nuts. M02- : Fit the bumper to the car with four nuts, fit- ting washers (A) under the top nuts. ( 4D : When the upper bolt is fitted in the reinforcement it is six nuts). Tightening torque 40 Nm (30 lbf ft). Fit the bolts at the wheel housings. 32 Secure the reinforcements to the car. Tightening torque 40 Nm (30 lbf ft). 33 Fit the bolts and nut plates that hold the towing bracket on the body. Tightening torque 40 Nm (30 lbf ft). 34 5D M02- with SPA : Connect the sensors. E980A530 32 31 A 32 31 A 4D 5D 33
13. 55 24 269 13 Saab 9-5 User instructions (keep in the car's Owners Manual) A. Fitting the ball unit 1 Remove the protective cover. 2 Fit the ball unit into the bracket. 3 Press the ball unit forward and downward so that the knob is automatically turned anticlock- wise and the lock is activated. 4 Turn the key anticlockwise and remove it. B. Removing the ball unit 1 Insert the key in the lock and turn it clockwise. 2 Press in the knob and turn it clockwise until it meets resistance and an audible "click" is heard. 3 Lift the ball unit up and pull it rearwards. 4 Fit the protective cover. WARNING To ensure that the towbar is coupled correctly and safely : The coupling mechanism must always be well lubricated. Use a base oil with anti-corrosion properties and with a wide temperature range. We recommend that you contact an authorised Saab workshop regarding which lubricant is appropriate. Always fit the protective cover when the tow- ball unit is not attached. It must always be possible to detach and attach the towball unit without it jamming. Important Cars with SPA : In order to avoid malfunctions the enclosed ball guard must be used. E980A473 2 A B 3 4 1 2 WARNING Green should be the only colour shown in the socket at the knob. Tug on the ball unit to make sure it is properly secured.
3. 55 24 269 3 Saab 9-5 32 025 641 applies to cars without level control , 4D. 32 025 642 applies to cars with level control , 4D. 32 025 769 applies to cars without level control , 5D. 400 133 617 (Saab part number 55 24 376) applies to cars without level control , 4D. 400 133 641 (Saab part number 55 24 533) applies to cars with level control , 5D. 400 133 658 (Saab part number 55 24 699) applies to cars with level control , 4D. 32 025 950 applies to cars without level control , 4D. 32 025 951 applies to cars without level control , 5D. 32 025 954 applies to cars with level control , 4D. 32 025 955 applies to cars with level control , 5D. The towing bracket fulfils the requirements of 94/20/EEC. Maximum permitted trailer weight: Trailer with brakes: 1800 kg Trailer without brakes: 50% of the towing vehicle's weight (vehicle in running order), but no more than 750 kg (1650 lbs). Max. permissible towball pressure: 75 kg Assembly weight: 10.4 kg Maximum D-value: 10.32 kN The towing bracket wiring harness must be fitted and connected following the instructions that accompany the wiring harness. Note Always check national legislation and regulations regarding mounting a towing bracket. Ensure that all requirements are complied with. Important Cars with SPA : In order to avoid malfunctions the enclosed ball guard must be used. Important The car must be inspected after the towing bracket is mounted. Show these instructions at the inspection.
- 956 Totale weergaven
- 849 Websiteweergaven
- 107 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 12 www.saabpartners.com
- 3 184.108.40.206
- 5 saabpartners.com
- 4 220.127.116.11
Spatplaat, voor2684 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 12427 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon2422 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Prestige 300 sound system 9-3 CV2354 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-52338 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Premium 150 sound system 9-3 CV 12322 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-52244 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L2241 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-52209 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-2206 Weergaven.
Seatbelt extender 900, 9000, 9-3, 9-52171 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-32157 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D2144 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 12109 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 62074 Weergaven.