Towbar, removable 9-5 5D
8. 8 53 37 290 Saab 9-5 5D
1. Saab 9-5 5D 9-5 Installation instructions SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTRUCTIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 9-5 5D Towbar, removable Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 400 132 676 400 132 684 8:60-45 Nov 02 53 37 290 E980A304
5. 53 37 290 5 Saab 9-5 5D 13 -M01: Scrape away sealant from where the bumper reinforcements will lie against the body. 14 Fit the bumper and secure it to the body with the two upper nuts. 15 Use protective goggles and a 10 mm bit to drill through the females, the holes in the rear end panel and the reinforcements. 16 Remove the bumper and clean all debris from the luggage compartment. 17 Deburr the holes and remove loose splinters and flakes of paint. 18 Fit the seals on the body (self-adhering) and apply cavity seal Terotex HV 400 (part no. 30 15 930) on internal surfaces. -M01: Apply corrosion protection to the surfaces from which body sealant was scraped away. 19 Fit the selected cable harness following the instructions in the cable harness kit. Important Be careful not to damage the car's cable harness. 10 mm E980A308 18 15
3. 53 37 290 3 Saab 9-5 5D 1 Remove the outer parts of the luggage compart- ment floor. 2 Pull out the storage compartment and remove the foam pads (2 on each side) from the rear edge of the body. 3 -M01: Detach the bumper by removing the bolts at the wheel housing and the nuts from the lug- gage compartment. M02-: Detach the bumper by removing the bolts at the wheel housing and the nuts from the lug- gage compartment and pulling the side section of the bumper outwards. Cars with SPA: Detach the connector. 4 -M01: Remove the rear lamp clusters by taking off the two covers over the bolts, removing the bolts, and pulling off the attachments in the front edge of the clusters. 5 Remove the jack and towing eyes and fit the rubber plug. Important Place the bumper on a clean, soft surface. E980A306 4 4 5 1 1 2 3 3 -M01 M02-
7. 53 37 290 7 Saab 9-5 5D 25 Remove the lower portion of the sealing strip around the tailgate opening. 26 M02- with SPA: Connect the sensors. 27 -M01: Fit the upper portion of the bumper's cas- ing by first fitting it against the four bolts of the bumper rail. Then continue by pressing the top of the casing into place using the catches around the edge. Tighten the bolts. M02-: Insert the upper portion of the bumper's casing in the cavity in the bumper shell and fit the tabs against the four bolts in the bumper rail. Use a large screwdriver to fit the tabs behind the bolts' washers. Tighten the bolts. 28 Fit the sealing strip around the tailgate opening. 29 M02-: Fit the corners of the bumper moulding. 30 -M01: Fit the rear lamp clusters. 31 Fit the jack into the tool compartment, fit the foam pads over the bumper brackets in the lug- gage compartment and put the storage com- partment and the outer parts of the luggage compartment floor back in place. 32 Lift up the luggage compartment floor and affix the user instructions there, see illustration. 33 Test mount the ball unit and check its function. 34 Carefully tear off the page concerning the mounting and demounting of the ball unit and hand it over to the customer together with the installation instructions and the keys. E980A310 30 30 27 31 31 25,28 32 29 31
6. 6 53 37 290 Saab 9-5 5D 20 Remove the bolt fitted in one of the holes in the bumper rail and fit the towing bracket to the bumper. Check that the line above the upper bolts of the towing bracket is parallel to the bumper rail. Tightening torque: 40 Nm (30 lbf ft) 21 Fit the bumper. Cars with SPA: Attach the connector. 22 -M01: Fit the bumper to the car with four nuts. M02-: Fit the bumper to the car with four nuts, fit- ting washers (A) under the top nuts. Tightening torque: 40 Nm (30 lbf ft) Fit the bolts at the wheel housings. 23 Secure the reinforcements to the car. Tightening torque: 40 Nm (30 lbf ft) 24 Fit the bolts and nut plates that hold the towing bracket on the body. Tightening torque: 40 Nm (30 lbf ft) E980A309 24 X 20 23 23 A 20 20 22
2. 2 53 37 290 Saab 9-5 5D 1 Towing bracket 2 Reinforcement (x2) 3 Cover 4Seal (x2) 5 Rubber plug 6 User instructions 7 Protective bag 8 Bolt, taptite (4) 9 Bolt M10X30 (x7) 10 Bolt M10X70 (x2) 11 Nuts (x4) 12 Nut plate (x2) 13 Key (x2) 14 Washer (x2) 15 Belt 400 132 676 (Saab part no. 55 22 511) applies to cars without level control . 400 132 684 (Saab part no. 55 22 529) applies to cars with level control . The towbar assembly complies with 94/20/EEC. Maximum permissible trailer weight: Braked trailer: 1800 kg Unbraked trailer: 50% of the weight of the towing vehicle in road condition but max. 750 kg (1650 lbs). Max. permissible ball pressure: 75 kg Total weight: 10.4 kg Fitting and connecting the wiring harness must be carried out in accordance with the instructions sup- plied with the wiring harness. E980A305 7 3 14 15 1 1 2 9 9 6 4 5 10 11 13 8 12 Note Always check with national legislation and direc- tives concerning fitting a towbar. Make sure they are complied with. Important The car must be undergo compulsory inspection at which these instructions are to be presented after fitting a towbar.
4. 4 53 37 290 Saab 9-5 5D 6 -M01: Slightly loosen the bolts of the upper por- tion of the bumper shell and carefully pull the upper portion of the shell out of its snap brackets. M02-: Slightly loosen the bolts of the upper por- tion of the bumper shell, detach the corners of the bumper moulding, and carefully pull the upper portion of the shell out of its snap brackets. M02- with SPA: Remove the sensor connectors. 7 Remove the bumper shell supports. Cut the left- hand support as in the illustration and the right- hand support in a corresponding manner. 8 -M01: Use a universal knife with hooked-formed blade to cut a spot in the bumper shell for the towing hook following the outer marking. Also take away the extra part (A) following the illus- tration and cut out a spot for the cable harness junction box following the marking (a keyhole saw can be used). The remaining tab on the bot- tom of the bumper between the towing bracket and the box's cutout must also be removed. M02-: Use a universal knife with hooked-formed blade to cut a spot in the bumper shell for the towing hook following the marked area (a key- hole saw can be used). 9 Remove the spacer washers from the bumper rail and fit the reinforcements in their place. Tighten the four retaining nuts of the bumper to secure the reinforcements. 10 Use protective goggles and drill the four holes in the bumper rail with a 6.5 mm bit. Clean away the drilling debris from the bumper rail. 11 Fit the taptite bolts (self-tapping). Tightening torque: 25 Nm (20 lbf ft) 12 Remove the nuts and fit in the bumper shell supports. Important Cut or saw as accurately as possible. Appearance is very important. Use a file to adjust as needed. E980A307 11 11 6 6 6 10 ( 6.5mm) 8 -M01 M02- 8 9 9 9 7 30 45 Important Cut or saw as accurately as possible. Appearance is very important. Use a file to adjust as needed.
9. 53 37 290 9 Saab 9-5 5D User instructions (to be kept in the driver's manual) A Ball unit not secured. B Ball unit secured. X Hole for securing trailer/caravan safety chain. Fitting the ball unit 1 Remove the cover on the connecting pin. 2 Turn the ball unit handle clockwise to locked position. The red signal pin will then pop out to its outer position (A). 3 Push the ball unit onto the connecting pin and press it to locked position. The handle will then return to horizontal position and the indicator pin will move to its inner position. 4 Turn the key anticlockwise. Take out the key and fit the cover on the lock. The ball unit is now locked to the car. Detaching the ball unit 1 Pull off the lock cover, insert the key and turn it clockwise. The ball unit will no longer be locked to the car. 2 Turn the ball unit handle clockwise to locked position. The red indicator pin will now pop out to its outer position. 3 Pull off the ball unit from the connecting pin. The indicator pin will now be in its outer position and the handle will return to horizontal position. 4 Refit the connecting pin protective cover. 5 When the towball unit is removed, it should be stored in the spare wheel and secured by run- ning the belt through the wheel screw holes. WARNING The following requirements must be complied with in order to attach the towbar in a safe manner: The connecting pin must always be kept well lubricated. Get in touch with your nearest Saab dealer concerning suitable grease. The protective cover must always be fitted when the ball unit has been detached. It must always be possible to fit and detach the ball unit without it sticking. The red indicator pin must always be in its inner position (B) while the ball unit is fitted. E980A261 1 2 1 2 3 3 3 43 4 3 3 X B A WARNING Make sure the indicator pin is in its inner posi- tion (B) and is not protruding. The ball unit must always be locked with the key when fitted to the car. The key must not be left in the lock.
- 827 Totale weergaven
- 708 Websiteweergaven
- 119 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 12 www.saabpartners.com
- 8 saabpartners.com
- 1 18.104.22.168
- 1 22.214.171.124:8069
- 4 126.96.36.199
Spatplaat, voor2123 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 11905 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-51882 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon1880 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L1875 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-31825 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-51800 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 11795 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 61764 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D1695 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-1694 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-51687 Weergaven.
Ice scraper 9-31647 Weergaven.
Upgrade to Premium 150 sound system 9-3 CV 11647 Weergaven.
Seatbelt extender 900, 9000, 9-3, 9-51622 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-31604 Weergaven.