Towbar, removable 900, 9-3
8. 8 53 37 316 Saab 900 M94-, Saab 9-3 Template, Saab 900
9. 53 37 316 9 Saab 900 M94-, Saab 9-3 Template, Saab 9-3 (part no. 86 97 658) Cut along the relevant line as directed below. A Without bumper skirt B With bumper skirt C Aero M01-
6. 6 53 37 316 Saab 900 M94-, Saab 9-3 26 All 900 and 9-3 without rear bumper skirt (does not apply to 9-3 Aero M01-): The cover must be modified by cutting or sawing the outer section of pipe at the mark. Then press out the weakened parts of the outer pipe. 27 Apply Teroson T102 Underseal (part no. 30 15 989) around the towbar unit attachment to the body. 28 Carefully tear out the page concerning fitting and removing the ball unit and hand it to the cus- tomer together with these installation instruc- tions. Important If the installation is to undergo compulsory inspec- tion, it must be carried out before the joints are sealed with thick anti-corrosion agent.
3. 53 37 316 3 Saab 900 M94-, Saab 9-3 1 Assemble the connecting pin (A), spacer (B) and socket holder (C) on the attachment bracket (D). 2 Make sure the connecting pin is in its bottom position and tighten the bolts (E, F). Tightening torque: 90 Nm (67 lbf ft) G B 6 C A F E M12x90 M12x80 D D980A318 M12x40 M10x30
1. Saab 900 M94-, Saab 9-3 9-5 Installation instructions SCdefault MONTERINGSANVISNING · INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MONTAGEANLEITUNG · INSTRUCTIONS DE MONTAGE SITdefault Saab 900 M94-, Saab 9-3 Towbar, removable Accessories Part No. Group Date Instruction Part No. Replaces 400 132 734 8:60-46 Nov 02 53 37 316 D980A143
5. 53 37 316 5 Saab 900 M94-, Saab 9-3 13 Drill holes for the wiring harness according to the instructions supplied with the wiring harness. 14 Deburr the hole and remove loose cuttings and flakes of paint. Clean with Terosons Cleaner FL. Apply Standox 1K Füllprimer. Apply finishing paint. 15 Fit the bumper with four nuts (the kit contains 2). Tightening torque: 40 Nm (30 lbf ft) Tighten any bolts in the wheel housings that are loose. 9-3 Aero M01-: Fit the plastic extension from the rear/bottom edge of the rear wheel housings. 16 Assemble the front attachment bracket (G) with the attachment bracket (D) without tightening the bolts. 17 Position the front attachment plate against the spare wheel well and tighten the bolts. Using the towbar unit as a template, drill 2 holes in the spare wheel well with a 10 mm drill. Mark the outer edges of the attachment bracket in the underseal. 18 Remove the front attachment plate. 19 Scrape away the underseal thoroughly within the marked area. Clean the luggage compart- ment from all drill cuttings. 20 Deburr the hole and remove loose cuttings and flakes of paint. Clean with Terosons Cleaner FL. Apply Standox 1K Füllprimer. Apply Terotex HV 400 (part no. 30 15 930) to the parts where the underseal has been scraped away. 21 Assemble the front attachment bracket (G) with the attachment bracket (D). Fit the towbar with 2 bolts and 2 nuts through the drilled holes in the spare wheel well. The bolts must be fitted from inside the luggage compartment. Tightening torque: 50 Nm (37 lbf ft) 22 Tighten the bolts between the front attachment bracket (G) and the attachment bracket (D). Tightening torque: 70 Nm (52 lbf ft) Finely adjust the cutout if necessary. 23 Fit the sill scuff plate and the load retaining eyes in the luggage compartment. 24 Replace the spare wheel and the foam block into the spare wheel well. 25 Affix the user instructions to the left of the spare wheel well, see illustration. 17 19 21 23 25 D980A320
2. 2 53 37 316 Saab 900 M94-, Saab 9-3 1 Socket holder plate 2 Ball unit 3 Connecting pin 4 Attachment bracket 5 Front attachment bracket 6 Cover 7 Ball guard 8 User instructions 9 Protective bag 10 Set of bolts 11 Blind rivets (6 pcs.) 12 Nut (2 pcs.) 13 Template, Saab 9-3 The type plate on the towbar assembly is marked with Saab part number 55 22 578. The towbar assembly complies with 94/20/EEC. Maximum permissible trailer weight: Braked trailer: 1600 kg Unbraked trailer: 50% of the weight of the towing vehicle in road condition but max. 750 kg (1650 lbs). Max. permissible ball pressure: 75 kg Total weight: 12.4 kg Fitting and connecting the wiring harness must be carried out in accordance with the instructions sup- plied with the wiring harness. D980A317 1 4 2 5 3 Note Always check with national legislation and direc- tives concerning fitting a towbar. Make sure they are complied with. Important The car must be undergo compulsory inspection at which these instructions are to be presented after fitting a towbar.
4. 4 53 37 316 Saab 900 M94-, Saab 9-3 3 Lift out the spare tyre and foam block with tool kit from the spare wheel well. 4 Remove the rear load retaining eyes from the luggage compartment and take away the sill scuff plate. 5 Remove the rear bumper. 9-3 Aero M01-: Remove the plastic extension from the rear/bottom edge of the rear wheel housings. 6 Cut out the template. 7 Position the template against the edge of the bumper shell (900 M94-98, 9-3 without rear bumper skirt and 9-3 Aero M01-) or the edge of the bumper skirt (9-3 with rear bumper skirt). The centre line of the template must line up with the arrow marks indicating the centre of the bumper. Secure the template with double sided adhesive tape. 9-3 with rear bumper skirt and 9-3 Aero M01-: Place a ruler between the top corners of the tem- plate and draw a straight line between them. 8 Cut along the cutting line indicated on the tem- plate (a figure saw can be used). 9-3 with rear bumper skirt: There is a inner shell behind the outer one that must be cut to the template as well. 9 Remove the bolt screwed into one hole on the bumper rail and fit the towbar unit to the bumper. Make sure the line above the top bolt on the tow- bar unit is parallel with the bumper rail. Tightening torque: 40 Nm (30 lbf ft) 10 Affix masking tape around the area that has been cut out, fit the cover on the connecting pin and press it all the way home. 11 Make sure the top of the cover is parallel with the closest line on the bumper shell and mark the tape along the contour of the cover. The paper from which the template was cut can be used to mark the correct radius in the corners. 12 Cut along the new mark (a figure saw can be used). 9-3 with rear bumper skirt: There is a inner shell behind the outer one that must be cut out as well. Important There are different cutout templates depending on the car model, Saab 900 M94-98 or Saab 9-3. There is also a difference between Saab 9-3 mod- els with or without rear bumper skirt and the 9-3 Aero M01-. 4 5 8 9 D980A319 6
7. 53 37 316 7 Saab 900 M94-, Saab 9-3 User instructions (to be kept in the driver's manual) A Ball unit not secured. B Ball unit secured. X Hole for securing trailer/caravan safety chain. Fitting the ball unit 1 Remove the cover on the connecting pin. 2 Turn the ball unit handle clockwise to locked position. The red signal pin will then pop out to its outer position (A). 3 Push the ball unit onto the connecting pin and press it to locked position. The handle will then return to horizontal position and the indicator pin will move to its inner position. 4 Turn the key anticlockwise. Take out the key and fit the cover on the lock. The ball unit is now locked to the car. Detaching the ball unit 1 Pull off the lock cover, insert the key and turn it clockwise. The ball unit will no longer be locked to the car. 2 Turn the ball unit handle clockwise to locked position. The red indicator pin will now pop out to its outer position. 3 Pull off the ball unit from the connecting pin. The indicator pin will now be in its outer position and the handle will return to horizontal position. 4 Refit the connecting pin protective cover. 5 The ball unit should be stored with the spare wheel when not fitted to the car. WARNING The following requirements must be complied with in order to attach the towbar in a safe manner: The connecting pin must always be kept well lubricated. Get in touch with your nearest Saab dealer concerning suitable grease. The protective cover must always be fitted when the ball unit has been detached. It must always be possible to fit and detach the ball unit without it sticking. The red indicator pin must always be in its inner position (B) while the ball unit is fitted. E980A261 1 2 1 2 3 3 3 43 4 3 3 X B A WARNING Make sure the indicator pin is in its inner posi- tion (B) and is not protruding. The ball unit must always be locked with the key when fitted to the car. The key must not be left in the lock.
- 825 Totale weergaven
- 700 Websiteweergaven
- 125 Ingesloten weergaven
- Gedeeld op sociale media
- 0 Vind-ik-leuks
- 0 Vind-ik-niet-leuks
- 0 Opmerkingen
Aantal malen gedeeld
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 16 saabpartners.com
- 19 www.saabpartners.com
- 4 18.104.22.168
- 4 22.214.171.124
Spatplaat, voor1896 Weergaven.
Parking Heater Accessory 9-3 D223L1722 Weergaven.
Centre armrest, driver’s seat 9-3 11680 Weergaven.
Branching kit, cars with standard front 9-31675 Weergaven.
Kinderzitje “Saab Child Seat” 9-51652 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 11652 Weergaven.
Sports chassis 9-3 4D 61624 Weergaven.
Geïntegreerde telefoon1615 Weergaven.
Child safety seat “Saab Belt Seat” 9-3 and 9-51604 Weergaven.
Ice scraper 9-31503 Weergaven.
Timerset M08-1497 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 4D1468 Weergaven.
Rear spoiler 9-5 4D 11455 Weergaven.
Adapterbedrading, handsfree 9-51433 Weergaven.
Seatbelt extender 900, 9000, 9-3, 9-51421 Weergaven.
Aanvullingskit standverwarming1421 Weergaven.